Every New Year's Eve my family enjoys sitting around the kitchen table and dunking our bread in this delightful concoction of beer and cheese. We exchange stories, play games, and share our hopes for the new year.
If you are looking for something to do New Year's Eve that brings your family together, I highly suggest giving this family tradition a try...and don't forget...if you accidentally drop your bread in the fondue pot, you have to kiss everyone at the table! It's tradition! Happy New Year! - A
- 1 Cup Light-Med Beer (Shiner Bock would work well!)
- Garlic to taste (1/2 clove minced or 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder.)
- 4 oz. Swiss Cheese, cut into 1 in. cubes
- 2 T. All purpose flour
- 1 Can Campbell's Cheddar Cheese Soup
- 1 Large Loaf of White or Sourdough Bread, or 2 Baguettes, cut into bite-size cubes.
Heat Beer (in fondue pot or in sauce pan) with garlic over med-high heat. Separately, shake cubed Swiss cheese in a plastic bag with flour to coat. Add contents to the heated beer. Stir constantly. When completely melted, add cheddar cheese soup. Cook until completely blended and smooth. Serve in fondue pot. Serves 2--double recipe for 4.