...Thanks for sharing your special recipe with us, Johnny! Sounds absolutely delicious!
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (I use whole wheat)
- 2/3 cup beer (Very Important..Ha ha)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 24 shrimp
- Coconut oil for shallow frying
Fry shrimp in batches: cook, turning once, until golden brown. Using tongs, remove shrimp to paper towels to drain. Serve warm with Fulton's Finest dipping sauce. I double the recipe and freeze on 3 or 4 large plastic cutting boards or cookie sheets then bag them in freezer bags to use whenever. I use an electric skillet with just enough coconut oil to cover the bottom set at 250-300 degrees.
Fulton's Finest Pineapple Dipping Sauce:
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple in natural juice (undrained)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup red plum preserves
- 1/2 cup Chinese sweet and sour sauce