Serves 4: Per Serving 194 Calories; 12 g total fat; 22 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 16 g protein; 294 mg sodium.
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tbls 1% milk
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 tbls olive oil
- 2 cup asparagus, cut into 2" pieces
- 1 medium tomato, sliced thinly
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat the broiler. Whisk the eggs, milk, and pepper in a medium bowl to blend.
2. Heat the oil in an ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add the asparagus and sauté until tender crisp. Add the mushrooms and sauté an additional al 1‐2 minutes.
3. Raise the heat to medium high. Add the tomato slices and pour egg mixture over all the vegetables. Cook for a couple of minutes or until the eggs begin to set.
4. Sprinkle with cheese. Reduce heat and cook until eggs are almost set.
5. Place the skillet under the broil and broil until the top is set and slightly brown.
6. Remove from oven and let the frittata set a couple of minutes. Transfer to a serving plate or cut and serve directly from the skillet.
Dinner Tonight recipes and demonstration videos are created especially for busy families who want to eat healthy. They are available at http://healthyliving.tamu.edu. According to the Dietary Guidelines for Americans, 2010, eggs are a high quality source of protein. However, if you are concerned about your cholesterol, try removing the yolks from three of the eggs in this this recipe.