There are a few way to make these, but here is the way I think is the easiest:
- Start with an old, clean (& sturdy-ish) t-shirt
- Cut around the neck, and down the sleeves (see image of red t-shirt above).
- Sew along the bottom of the shirt, joining the front and back together. Voila!
- Don't sew? No Problem...Try using staples, or create a drawstring effect as seen on right in orange.)
- If you wish to get a little more sophisticated in your sewing: First turn the shirt inside out, then sew across the bottom, before turning right side out again...Just like you might sew a pillow.
- To create a more fruit and veggie friendly bag, cut 1 inch holes across the shirt from left to right. See image above and on right. This allows air to circulate. Hang the bag from the ceiling or a cabinet as a funky hanging fruit/veggie holder!
- Cut fringe around the bottom of the shirt/bag before sewing the front and back together above the fridge. Ooooo fancy! Add beads for some festive flare.
Good luck! - Alicia