Directions: Heat a large, non-stick skillet (with a lot of surface area) over medium heat, and melt the 2 Tbs of butter. Add the cut carrots and onions (season with a pinch of salt and pepper) into the pan (stir to combine) and saute for 5-7 mins until the onions are translucent. Cover loosely with foil, or lid for another 7-10 mins until carrots are barely fork tender, and the onion are getting to be caramelized.
Uncover and add the spice ingredients to the pan plus the last Tbs of butter--mixing continually with a spatula. It will look like there isn't enough liquid in the pan, but give the sugar a couple mins to dissolve into the butter. Keep uncovered and simmer for 2-3 mins until the sauce is smooth. Serve with a steak for a "2-birds-with-one-sauce" combo. Yuuuum-iee!!!
Ingredients (Serves 4):
- 5-7 Large, whole carrots, cut in 3 inch lengths on a bias
- 1 Small, sweet Vidalia onion, roughly chopped
- 3 Tbs. of Real, Salted Butter
- 1/2 Tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Tsp. Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 Tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp. Ground Chipotle Pepper (McCormick makes a good one)
- 1/4 C. Brown sugar packed
- 1/4 Tsp. Onion Power (Not Onion Salt)