(This makes a normal-size soup bowl's worth. Please note that this version is a bit more like a dip consistency. If you prefer it be a little thicker, add in a little less oil & water.)
- 2 Tbsp FRESH Lemon Juice (if you really like lemon, you can add a little bit of fresh zest too)
- 1/8 C. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/8 C. Water
- 3 Tbsp. Light Sour Cream OR Plain Greek Yogurt (I have had just about the same results with either.)
- 1/2 tsp. Sesame Oil
- 1/2 tsp. Sesame Seeds (toasted or untoasted)
- 1 Small Shallot, Pealed
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder (Not Garlic Salt)
- 1/4 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Dill (or 1/2 Tbsp. fresh, minced Rosemary if your prefer)
- 1 Can Drained & Rinsed HEB Garbanzo Beans (aka Chick Peas)
- Add in all ingredients into a Blender, with the beans LAST, on top of all the other ingredients.
- Start slow mixing the ingredients.
- If necessary, periodically stop the blender and wipe down the sides.
- Blend the ingredients until the consistency is smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a bowl, enjoy! Serve with veggies, crackers or pita. Store leftovers in the fridge.