"This is one of my very favorite things to make Sunday morning after an exhausting week. It's easy, and oh so yummy!" - AR (Recipe makes enough for 2 adults.)
- 6 Pieces of Pepperidge Farm Cinnamon Bread (They're on the small side)
- 2 Eggs
- 2 & 1/4 Cups 2% Milk
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- Small Pinch of Salt
- Turn your large, non-stick skillet on medium high heat. Spray evenly with non-stick spray (or you can also use a Tbsp. of butter, if your prefer).
- In a shallow cake pan, combine the milk, eggs, cinnamon & salt.
- Whisk carefully for a minute or two until all ingredients are evenly mixed.
- Place 3 pieces of the cinnamon bread in the milk and egg mixture, so that one side of the bread is flat down in the mixture. Let the bread sit in the mixture for 2 minutes.
- Next, carefully turn the bread over and let the other side absorb some of the mixture for 2 minutes. *Be very careful when handling the bread, as the bread with be very fragile when wet. I actually prefer using my hands as I can control it a bit better than with a spatula.
- Place the bread flat in the skillet, and cook over medium heat for 5-7 minutes. These will take quite a bit longer than, say, pancakes...so don't be afraid to let it sit a while undisturbed, until it gets to be golden brown.
- Flip and cook the other side for the same amount of time.
- Repeat the process with the other pieces of bread.