(Makes Enough for 1) Ingredients:
- 1 "Quarter's Width" Handful of Angel Hair Pasta (The regular dried variety; I use whole grain.)
- 2 Tbsp. Tomato Paste in a Tube (You can find this at HEB.)
- 2-3 Tbsp of Butter
- Healthy Pinch of Salt (I like Kosher or Sea Salt.)
- 3 Dashes of Black Pepper
- 3 Dashes of Garlic Powder (Not Salt)
- 3 Dashes of Onion Powder
- 1-2 Dash(es) of Cayenne Pepper for Kick!
- Fresh Option: 1 Tbsp (Each) chopped of whatever you have on hand. I like Parsley, Oregano and a little green onion. Basil is also an excellent option.
- Dried Option: 1/4 Tbsp of Oregano, Parsley and/or basil
- Fill up a large pot of water, and bring to a boil (salt the water with a pinch if you like). Place angel hair pasta in the pot and stir once to submerge.
- While the pasta is cooking, place 2-3 Tbsp of butter in a microwave-safe bowl and melt on medium. Place the bowl with melted butter onto the counter and squeeze approximately 2 Tbsp of tomato paste into the bowl. Whisk rapidly until combined with the melted butter.
- Next, add in the seasonings and whisk. Then, add in the herbs you decided on and stir.
- Finally, with tongs grab the pasta directly from the hot water and place in the bowl. The little bit of water from the pasta is important, as it will bring the dish together. Stir the hot, slightly wet pasta into the tomato paste and herbs until combined.
- Finish with a little parmesan cheese, if it's handy.