"Raid your refrigerator and pantry. Be creative with your toppings for the corncakes crostini. They are a great addition to your holiday appetizer table!" - Sue Ready
- 1 box (15 oz.) honey cornbread mix
- Smoked Salmon: place a dollop of creme fraiche mixed with dill weed on top of corn cake crostini, top with salmon, fresh dill or chives
- Boursin Cheese: spread Boursin cheese on corncake crostini, top with finely chopped red and yellow peppers. Sprinkle with fresh chives
- Caramelized Apples and Onions: melt 1 TB butter in small fry pan. Add 1 tart apple chopped,1/3 cup diced sweet yellow onions and 1TB brown sugar. Caramelize until onions and apples are soft about 5 minutes. On top of corncake crostini add apple/onion mixture, crumbled goat cheese and chopped walnuts
- Cranberry and goat cheese: mix goat cheese, cranberry chutney, watercress and fresh ground pepper. Spread on corncake crostini.
- Ham and Fig: spread Fig Preserves or Mango Chutney on corncakes crostini. Top with chopped country ham
- Follow the directions on the box using 1/3 cup melted butter rather than the suggested 1/3 cup oil.
- Grease mini-muffin tins.
- Use a coffee scoop to measure batter for muffin tins.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 11 minutes.
- Cool corncakes on a wire rack. Use a bread knife to slightly trim off tops.
- Crisp corncakes by placing on a cookie sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 3 minutes.
- Top each corncake with your favorite topping.