- 1 Can/Jar Pitted Kalamata Olives, Drained & Rinsed
- Side note: You can also use canned, pitted, black olives, but the Kalamata olives have a richer flavor that is a bit better, in my opinion.
- 1 Small Shallot, roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Fresh or Dried Parsley
- 1/4 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Onion Powder
- 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice (if you don't have Lemon Juice, Balsamic Vinegar works well too)
Optional for Added Flare & Flavor:
- 1 Tbsp. Capers
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Herbs -- I like to add some thyme from my garden, but rosemary is yummy as well.
Combine all the ingredients into a blender or food processor, with the liquid elements at the bottom--they go in first. Pulse the contents until the pieces are in small bits (you're looking for some texture, not to the point of a puree). Serve room temperature in an open bowl with some toasted pita chips or crackers. Enjoy! ~ Alicia