After Harriet Fulton’s death in Cincinnati, OH in 1920, her daughter, Annie Fulton Holden, inherited these family heirlooms. Annie lived in Cincinnati until her death in 1935 at which point, the pieces were passed on to her youngest daughter, Linda May Holden, the only married daughter, and the last child to have been born in the Mansion. Linda May married Reuben John Beaman in 1908, and the silver stayed with them through several moves including a final one to Corpus Christi. In 1963, both Reuben and Linda were killed in a one-car accident in Halletsville, TX. The family heirlooms then passed to their son, Reuben John Beaman, Jr. and his wife, Mary Emily Koester, who lived in Cincinnati. In the early 1980s, Reuben and Mary moved to Atlanta, GA to be near their daughter, Emily Ann Beaman. When Reuben died in 1998, Emily inherited the pieces. Emily and her husband, Brian Lee Beals, reside in Big Canoe, GA. After a visit to Texas and a meeting with the Mansion’s director, Marsha Hendrix, Emily decided it was time for the pieces to return “home” to the Fulton Mansion.
The tray is by James Dixon & Sons Sheffield of England, and the goblets and pitcher are E. & D. Kinsey of Cincinnati, OH. The inscription on the tray and the pitcher reads,
G.W. Fulton Esq.
The employees of the Central Ohio R. Road Co.
as a testimonial of their esteem for him
as a Man and their confidence in
Him as Superintendent.
We are thrilled to be adding these significant pieces to the artifact collection. They will look terrific in the home after the restoration."