Each serving contains: 230 Calories; 4 grams Total Fat, 0.5 grams Saturated Fat and 35 milligrams Cholesterol; 28 grams Total Carbohydrates; and 15 grams Protein.
- 3- 4 oz chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups chopped tomatoes
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 1/2 cups of frozen chopped okra
- 4 cups brown rice (cooked)
1. Cook chicken in a skillet over medium-high heat, cutting the chicken up into bite-size pieces until cooked through, about 10
minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl.
2. Heat the skillet to medium-high heat and add oil. Add onion and cook, stirring often, until translucent, about 2 minutes.
3. Add garlic, celery, and Cajun seasoning and cook, stirring often, for
about 30 seconds.
4. Add flour and cook, stirring to coat the vegetables, until the flour browns, about 1 minute.
5. Add tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until they begin to release their juices, about 2 minutes.
6. Stir in broth, cover, increase heat to high and bring to boil.
7. Return the chicken to the skillet, along with okra; reduce the heat to a simmer.
8. Cook until the okra is heated through, about 10 minutes.
9. Serve over cooked ½ cup brown rice.
Dinner Tonight videos are weekly cooking demonstration that provide healthy eating tips and are available at http://healthyliving.tamu.edu.