Yep, just like the title says, this is a crazy simple recipe, that will make you into a salsa snob who never wants to buy store bought again. Tall order, huh...well maybe...but I do guarantee that the large bowl this recipe makes will be gone in a flash at your next get together!
Directions: Add in the ingredients below in the order written into the blender or food processor. Pulse until mixed to the texture you desire. Make this a day ahead!!...letting the salsa sit a day will only add to its wonderful flavor!
- 1 Large Can of Whole or Diced Tomatoes in Sauce (Include the Sauce)
- 1 Jalapeno - See graphic above for general hot scale.
That's how I do it for my crew in general. Of course, you will have to tweak the amount for various jalapenos, as each will have its own intensity. Just remember you can always add more, but it's hard to remove the heat if it's too much.
- 1 Shallot or 1 Small White Onion, Peeled & Roughed Chopped
- 1/4 Cup of Fresh Cilantro
- 1/4 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1/8 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 1/8 tsp. Cumin
- 1/8 tsp. Onion Powder (not Salt)
- Dash of Smoked Paprika
- Dash of Cayenne
- Dash of Chipotle Powder (Optional)