Cook's notes: The salad is naturally vegan, gluten-free and wonderfully light and delicious. It serves four but can easily be doubled as well as the dressing.
The past two years Brussels sprouts recipes have been very popular from baked, roasted, sautéed and fried. Shaved Brussels sprouts in recipes have endless possibilities. You can actually eat them without sautéing or roasting them. They basically function just like cabbage in a slaw once they are shredded. No problem if the store near you does not carry a bag of shaved Brussels sprouts as I was able to thinly slice the sprouts with a very sharp chef like knife.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- vegetable broth-low sodium
- 1/2 lb. Brussels sprouts. rinsed ends trimmed, then halved lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise or 1/2 package shaved Brussels sprouts
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 -1/2 cup toasted chopped pecans
- Dressing Ingredients:
- 2 TB. each lemon juice and orange juice
- 2 TB. olive oil or Lemon Olive Oil
- 1 TB. lemon zest
- 1 tsp. honey
- 3/4 tsp. each parsley flakes and chives
- Toasted pecans
Follow directions on quinoa package but substitute vegetable broth for the water. Toss warmed cooked quinoa with shaved Brussels sprouts and cranberries. Drizzle in dressing and garnish with toasted pecans.
Add in a blender, juices, olive oil, spices, honey and zest. Mix well.