Community Information | "Are You Owed Money?: Texas Unclaimed Property"

You may have money or other financial assets sitting in the Comptroller's Office in Austin. Well, not literally sitting in the office, but owed to you. It's easy to forget a utility deposit or residuals from an account. Or the funds may be owed to a relative who is deceased but was unknown to the estate. It's simple to check by name at  a special website database, Texas Unclaimed Property Enter your last name and at least the first initial for the first name (unless your last name is fairly uncommon). You can also enter cities to narrow your search if you get a lot of results. Many claims go back decades and according to the Comptroller can include the following:
  • dividend, payroll or cashier's checks
  • stocks, bonds or mutual fund accounts
  • utility deposits and other refunds
  • bank accounts and safe deposit box contents
  • insurance proceeds
  • mineral interest or royalty payments
  • court deposits, trust funds or escrow accounts
  • overpayments on insurance, utilities and other bills
While many of us think we can't possibly have unclaimed assets, it's worth checking. You can also check for businesses. If you find your name, click on the CLAIM button to find out how to submit your claim. 

Facebook Comments

Thank you for viewing this page

WWN's Free Community Newsletter relies on the help of its readers and advertisers to cover overhead costs that enable the WWN to exist. We need your help to continue! Thank you!
You do NOT need a PayPal Account. Use Square

Currently Trending in the Network

Copyright © 2011-2019. All Rights Reserved. Wonderful Women's Network, LLC. Your Community Newsletter Magazine. Committed to news, events, businesses and stories of Rockport-Fulton and Texas Coastal Bend Region. Duplication of content on this site without permission is prohibited by law. Information on this site is time sensitive and for general/entertainment purposes only. Opinion pieces/submitted articles and comments are the thoughts of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the WWN. Paid advertising through the WWN is not available to other general information publications. Always consult a licensed physician before taking medical or health advice. The WWN does not endorse any political party or candidate.